Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween. Yay Noles - we won. Had to get up early to take my son to school. He had to work the FSU game today for ROTC. Came home and watched pre-football shows. I was doing ok but I was still a bit sore. My neck looked a lot better and seems to be healing. The skin is starting to grow in and close up. However that makes it hurt a little when I have to turn my head. The skin stretches some just like any kind of sore that heals. The middle chest area seems to be trying to heal as it has skin scabbing and flaking off. It is not quite the raw skin underneath as my underarm. I watched the FSU game and about 1/2 time I had to take the bandages off under my arm. Ok, that was painful. Even though I had ointment on, the bandages were sticking a little and it hurt like a bitch. Of course, it also make little spots that were bleeding. As I sat on the couch to let it dry out a bit - I ended up in tears again. I could feel the heat from my arm and as the air was hitting it, it was stinging and hurting. I had to put something back on it. So more ointment and I found some non-stick bandages that I cut the sticky part off of to see if maybe that would help. If it works, I'll have to pick up more of those. Some areas under my arm look like either new skin is coming in or that it is drying around the edges. That's a good sign, I just hope I can handle it until the rest heals a bit more. It was good that I had a bit of a rest for 3 days from treatment. But that means I have 3 more next week. Needless to say I have not been in much of a Halloween mood today and getting up and down can sometimes be a bit of a challenge - so I did not do anything for halloween. My son is off at his friend's and I feel bad that I have sat in the dark watching tv not answering the door for trick-r-treaters. I just don't feel like it. Sorry little kiddies. Next time. Well, I'll be off to bed soon. I even get an extra hour to sleep in in the morning. Don't forget to change the clocks back.

No comments:

Post a Comment