Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Today was not a very good day. It started out with my son's glasses having broken. Fortunately he had a spare pair. Took him to school and got to work. My underarm was really sore and uncomfortable today. I put neosporin and gauze on it. It was still quite sore all day. I got a little bit of good news when radiology called and had to cancel my appointment today. The machine was broken and insted of putting me on the other machine they decided to give me a break for today. Which on the other hand means that I still have to make it up and finish on Tuesday next week instead of Monday. As the day went on, I felt like I was getting more sore. My son had a dentist appt at 3:00 so I left work, went to the dentist, then the eye glass place to see about his glasses. Of course they couldn't be fixed so I had to spend the money to buy him a new pair. Then off to the bank, something to eat and then TCBY for a treat. They were doing a share night for scouts so a donation of sales are going to be donated to Nick's scout troop. Then home to nurse my sores. It was pretty bad when I took the gauze off. There were tiny spots of bleeding. I have been sitting on the couch trying to let the air get to it a little bit. I even took one of the pain pills the doctor gave me. And not too long ago I finally broke down in tears. I've got a sore on my neck that hurts, my underarm is painful and I just can't move easily without something hurting. I know I only have 4 more to go and they are not zapping the spots that are hurting, but what has been zapped is really starting to take it's toll. I did not think it would get this bad. All this time I have been so very fortunate not to have many side effects or issues and now, at the end I am in pain. Wish I knew how long it will take for this to clear up. I remember feeling this way back when I had the drain tubes and wondering when I would be able to get them out because they were so bothersome. I guess this is kind of the same thing. I just hope it doesn't take 2 weeks to clear up. I don't know that I can take it that long. I guess having one breakdown in all this time isn't that bad.

2 comments:

  1. Val - I just read this and you almost made *me* cry, too. But all I can do is give you a virtual hug and send healing thoughts your way, and a "Hang in there, girl, you are almost there!" I am hoping that you feel better soon, and today is a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon - it will be over soon. Cry, pray, call me, scream, eat chocolate! Whatever you need. Just think how thankful you will be at Thanksgiving!
    Big Hug & my love.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete