Monday, October 12, 2009

Ok, so I guess nothing is predictable these days. Up early and kind of tired (nothing new there). Got to work and took care of the things that had to be handled since I was leaving at 1:00. My underarm was sore all day. Right by the crease of your underarm. Almost feels like a blister but it is just very red. So I brought one of my heart pillows that I used after surgery to put under my arm to avoid any rubbing against my side. So I go to radiation and nothing new there. I always talk football with one of the techs. In and out fairly quickly. I told him about my underarm and he said that seems to be the place most people notice it. Ok, so I have time to get get some lunch before chemo treatment. I get to treatment a little early. On to the doctor office irritations. Once again, why is it that older people (not old, just older than me) with cell phone don't use office courtesy when others are around. This lady must have been playing some kind of game on her cell phone, so every 2 seconds you hear.....ding......ding....ding. This goes on for at least 10 min. She is across the room from me but I look at her a few times and she doesn't even notice. Prior to that she reads a text to the person with her, word for word, in broken sentences as she is reading it. So annoying. I guess I don't have much tolerance lately.
So I finally get called in for a room and have to wait about 15 min. No big deal as I am in no hurry. The doctor looks at me and I told her about the soreness under my arm. She thinks it may be the start of an infection. Great. She said she would call me in a special cream that has an antibiotic type effect to ease some of the swelling and discomfort. So I will use that at night and the cream the radiation nurse gave me in the morning. I see the radiologist doctor tomorrow so we will see what he says. I did ask her what we do after I am done with treatment. I start the tamoxofin 1 week after radiation (daily for unknown amount of time) and we'll do a CT scan beginning of Jan. She wants the swelling to go done because the scan will show all of that and not give a good reading. I will worry about it then, but I hope and pray that it shows good results from all this. In doing my chemo, the port worked relatively quickly. It took a few minutes but it worked. I moved a band so now I have 4 chemos left and 15 radiation treatments left. Counting them down and looking forward to November. My hair looked good today. It actually has a bit of style going on. Very curly. I may need to go see my hairdresser soon to see what I need to do with it to keep it manicured nicely. Well, off to bed. The Dolphins are in the lead and I can only hope that at least one of my teams wins for a change. Otherwise I will start to cheer for Alabama and Indy Colts.

No comments:

Post a Comment