Sunday, October 4, 2009

Well, it is officially Sunday, however this is my Saturday post. It is way past my bedtime but I was at a Breast Cancer event tonight and just got home. Today was great. I slept in a little bit, watched some tv, got my son up and we went to breakfast and ran some errands. I felt good most of the day. Of course I started to get tired around 2 or so. Took a quick nap and had to get up in time to watch the Noles. I should have stayed asleep as bad as the game was. We did tie it up but couldn't hold on. Anyway, I went to an event called Cards for the Cure. It was to benefit the cancer center at our hospital. They had silent auction, live auction, poker, open bar, a band, it was nice. It was like a cocktail party. Lots of interesting dresses and attire. I asked my sister in law to go with me. I bid on two items and ended up buying them. One is a painted sign that says "celebrate" and the other was a pink basket with pink ribbon items (visor, socks, umbrella, scarf, bracelet and a vera bradley mini purse). One of the local high schools was challenged by their principal for one week to try to raise $10,000. Rather than going into the long story - they ended up raising $26,000. in one week. One more day of rest and the week starts all over again. Enjoy your Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment