Saturday, October 17, 2009

I haven't mentioned my bands lately. It is a sight to be able to look at my left arm and see 13 bands and my right arm and only see 6. 8 of the bands on the left are from my chemo treatments and 5 are from the 5 weeks of radiation I have had. With only 4 chemo treatments left and 2 weeks of radiation, it is hard to believe how much I have actually been thru. I am starting to show some signs of the wear and tear. The wear is mostly being tired and the tear is the skin under my arm (mostly armpit). Not only do I have an open sore at the scar under my arm, but this skin in the armpit is really soft and peeling. Not like a sunburn peel, but like a blister skin peel. The rest of my skin is getting burned but not to the point of peeling. And it doesn't hurt as much as the armpit. I'm thinking if I can make it thru the 2 weeks of the 2nd surgery and the drain tube, I can make it thru the next 2 weeks of radiation. It is a bit chilly this evening and as I sit on the couch I have one cat curled up in my legs and the dog curled up beside him. No need for a blanket as they are both keeping me warm. How sweet it is to have the love of pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment