Friday, October 2, 2009

Quite an interesting day. Being that I was up a little late last night, I was quite tired this morning. By about 10:00 I was leaning back in my chair with my eyes closed and ready to go to sleep. I didn't think I would make it to 1:00 and thought I might go home after treatment today. A few of the girls at work were going to lunch so I decided to go with them, then go to treatment so I woke up and started to get a bit more energized. Besides, I had plans to meet some friends after work for dinner and didn't want to go home then come back to where I was. Things went as usual at treatment and I moved my 3 band, representing 3 weeks of radiation done. 4 weeks left. Seems like a lot (21 days). Ok, so about 3:00, the boss came by my desk, had a package for my office mate, who left early. It was cookies from the car dealer she just bought her car from. He was wanting cookies, so I suggested we go across the street to the best bakery and get some snacks. So we did. Afternoon cupcakes. Yum. Well the funny of the day came about 4:30. I was in my boss' office going over a few files he wanted me to do. Someone told us to look out the window and OMG. There was a guy (high school age) being tied to the tree outside by 3 girls and a guy (also high school age) and they were drawing something on his face. It was quite funny. So several of us stood around to watch out the window and see what happened. The 4 kids left and this guy was just hanging out tied to the tree. My boss parks his car close to where the kids was so he decided to set off his alarm. Hilarious. I know, mean, but pretty stinkin' funny. Finally a lady from the building across the street came and cut him lose. We think it was homecoming week for the school he went to. Ok, so I stayed at work a little late then met some friends for dinner. It was great food and company and I had a great time. It was nice to get out with friends and have grown up time for a change. Thanks girls. Off to bed to catch up on some sleep. Happy Friday and wear your pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment