Monday, November 2, 2009

Well, let's see. Today we were both running late. First I couldn't get Nick to wake up, and then I had to quickly get a shower and ready for work. He was about 15 minutes late for school and me 10 minutes late for work. Great start for a Monday. I didn't sleep great. Hard time getting comfortable. Tried to catch up on as much work as I could. Left for treatment (thank goodness they didn't call to cancel). Told the tech I expected to finish on Wednesday since it was my last 2 to do. I got in and got out. It was a bit hard today trying to put my arm over my head because the skin has started to get a little tight and it hurt a bit. I got thru it. My arm had not been hurting as much today and I was able to deal with it most of the day. Parts of the entire area itches so it gets a little annoying. My neck is clearing up and starting to fade a bit. Ok, so off to chemo. The waiting room was busy but it was empty in the treatment room. Must have been a day for doctor visits. Well, it really hurt today getting the needle in my port. I think from the effects of radiation, even with the numbing cream I put on. And on top of that - of course we couldn't get the port to work after 15 minutes, so back to the arm. At least there is only left. The rest of things went fine and I was in and out without a problem. Came home and was not as tired as usual but I did just chill and not do too much. And as I get ready for bed, my dog and one of the cats are curled up together in my legs on the couch. They are such great leg warmers. Let's hope for a good night sleep and a quick Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment