Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The day after. Up late again. I woke up this morning a few times - can't seem to sleep in fully without being woken up a few times. Of course there is the dog, and forgotten alarms. Can't I just get a full 8 hours with no interuptions. I don't think that day will ever come and I can't say I can remember when I last had a full 8 hours. Usually 6-7 is enough for me. Then again there are naps, which is good. Ok, so I woke up this morning, for the last time, and felt like I was missing something. No, not the obvious. I did not have anymore bands on my wrists. It was a pleasant change. As I was in the shower I was thinking I had to opportunity to wear a bracelet today. Then I thought, nope, it is the first day without anything on my wrists, I want to enjoy each minute of it for awhile. Plenty of time for bracelets. Nick and I actually hung around at home most of the morning. He was supposed to march in the Veteran's Day parade with ROTC but due to weather it got cancelled. Turned out that it could have gone on anyway. Sad to say we did not get to honor the Vets with the annual parade. However, I would like to say thank you to all the service men and women who have served and who currently serve our country. So, my son has been begging me for the past 2 weeks to take him to the Japanese restaurant but I have told him no, mostly due to cost and there was no special occasion to go. So this afternoon we were out and about doing a few errands and he gave me the option of 4 places to go eat. They were all in different parts of town. The closest was my usual favorite (Sonny's). One of them was the Japanese place. Funny how he gave me the choices but he ended up making the decision much to my instance of a No. Problem was, he was driving and I ended up giving in since it was kind of a celebration. So we went to the Japanese place and actually had a fun time. In my indirect kind of way - I let him feel like he gets his way. I feel great today and only have good things to look forward to. I am truely blessed with all the prayers, love and support thru all of this. Thank you so much for everyone who has in someway been a part of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment