Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I will have to say that my bright idea of using mini pads as gauze dressing - not such a bright idea. It seemed like the perfect solution but it didn't work quite as well as I thought it would. Back to the usual stuff. I wish it would just heal already. Been feeling ok and not quite as tired. We'll see how things go on Friday - since that is my usual exhaustion day. Since there is no treatments this week I wonder if I will be tired by the end of the week. I got my appointment for my port removal - December 11th. Wish I didn't have to wait so long but surgeon only does them on Friday. She is off this week, next week is Thanksgiving and she is in surgery the following Friday so I have to wait 3 weeks. At least it will be done before I go on vacation. So now I have to figure out how to recover my finances from all the medical bills. From surgeries, to medication, to chemo treatments. I've had some help but you just can't cover everything. I think our trip to Utah is our Christmas this year. Which is fine with me. I certainly don't need anything. Besides, my brother told me I wasn't allowed to buy anything else for the house unless I get rid of a lot more stuff. It's the simple pleasures in life that are important and the memories you make that are special. Each day becomes an opportunity for a new memory. Take advantage of each opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment