Sunday, August 23, 2009

What a fantabulous weekend. Saturday morning I went into work for a couple hours. Had to make up time from the week. Nick and I left around 10:30 to pack the car and pick up the dog and then headed to St. George Island. My friend, Gail, has a house close to the beach. When we got there we took a short nap then headed to the beach, with the dog, and had a blast. My dog thought she was a lab this weekend. She is not fond of water but somehow Nick got her to get near the waves and then she was actually getting the ball from the water. It was so fun to watch them. Went back to the house and made dinner then watched a movie. Oh yeah, Nick tried to fish from the bridge but it was really not great weather for it. Slept ok. The dog was a little nervous in a strange house. I was up at 7 but after taking the dog out I fell asleep on the couch until 10. Nick wanted to go back to the beach so off we went again with the dog. She had so much fun. We were in the water the whole time. She would only go as far as she could stand up, which was pretty far since it was low tide and there were sand bars. She would not go far enough to have to swim. We saw quite a few dolphin farther out which was cool. We got back and gave the dog a bath, and both of us as well. Nick and I went to play putt putt (I won - got a hole in one the first hole). Then went and had pizza. Played air hockey (he won) then cleaned the house and packed up to leave. Got home around 6 and I went grocery shopping. Nick got all his stuff ready for school tomorrow and I am getting ready for my first treatment tomorrow. I put on 12 bands this evening for the 12 chemo treatments. I am looking forward to a good night sleep and the start of a new chapter. I felt pretty good this week. My arm got a little sore today but seems to be find this evening. I also got a little sun. The dog has been sleeping most of the night - I think she wore herself out. Good luck to those starting school this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment