Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sometimes you just have to be insistent to get what you want. Called the oncologist office this morning and the nurse finally called me back (this is a new nurse for my doctor). She proceeded to tell me that the next available appt is 8/31. I told her I needed something sooner. The previous nurse knew what was going on and always fit me in based on my circumstance. Anyway, the nurse was trying to tell me that that date was the next one. I told her I was not waiting two and a half weeks that I needed to get started on my next chemo. I gave her all the info regarding what has happened thus far. My doctor is working at the hospital this week so she said it may be a day or two before she can get back to me. If I don't hear by Mon, I will be calling again to come in next week. I can only be patient for so long then I get pushy. A wonderful trait I inherited from my mom. Work was okay today but my arm started hurting pretty much from the elbow to my wrist. I had to rest it a few times throughout the day. I took some tylenol when I got home and propped my arm up for a little bit. It's feeling a little better. I just have to make sure I take it easy so I don't start having problems. I am really glad tomorrow is Friday so I can rest some this weekend. This too shall pass and I am hoping it will pass quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment