Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Let's play "good news/bad news" - what do you want to hear first? Ok, since I can't hear your answer I will start with good news. Much to my surprise, I actually slept last night until 6:30 this morning. I was in a so-so mood not knowing what to expect today. When I was sitting in the room waiting for the doctor and talking to my sister-in-law, I was almost on the verge of tears. I just really didn't want to hear any more bad news. Ok, so for the bad news, which is also somewhat good news, out of all the lymph nodes taken out (which I think can be up to 20) only 1 was positive. I think that was good news so to speak since it was only 1. More bad news, I was not able to get the tube out (not surprised) because I am still draining a lot of fluid. However, if it gets where it needs to be before next Tuesday, I can call the doctor and she will take it out. So I also had to change my radiation appointment to next week. I am feeling okay for the most part. Arm is a little better but still some bruising. Doctor said things looked great and I had to wait a little bit longer to do any kind of exercising the arm. I am planning on going to work tomorrow for a few hours to see how I do. Had a Chicken dinner dropped off from Jill at church and visited with her and DeeDee for a little bit. It was nice to chat. My son helped with dinner and dishes. Have you told you all that I have an awesome son. Anyway, just trying to make it to the weekend and move on to healing. Oh, the other funny story of the day, since my sister-in-law takes her job as the Drain Queen very seriously, as we were talking to the doctor today, the doc referred to her as the Drain Nazi. It was quite funny because she is very maticulous and thorough and wants to make sure she does everything right (which I definately appreciate). It was a "you had to be there" moment - but the funny of the day. Haven't shared many funnies lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment