Monday, August 31, 2009

1/6th of the way done. Ok, I know that's only 2 out of 12 but it's a fraction. Started out ok. Got to appt on time and had the same great nurse I had last week. We tried to get blood from the port and of course if gave us trouble. So on to the exercises. Sit up, shrug shoulders, let arms hang down. The funny of the day is when she told me to turn my head and cough. WHAT?? I didn't have that kind of operation. She realized what she said and started laughing. I finally stood up and bent forward and hung my arms down and it worked. But then time slowed down. We had to wait to talk to the doctor to see if we could lower the pre-med (anti nausa) Finally got approval and got started. Then I had to see the doctor after the treatment was over so I had to wait again for a little bit. She was very pleased with how I looked and how well I was doing. Everything felt fine. She said a little fluid on the left side but that was normal. She said my radiatioin time will be great - I should have 4 treatments by the time I start radiation. Felt really good today, except we had a baby shower lunch and I was trying to help clean up. I had to stop and go back to my desk. Don't think I should have tried to do work after having a treatment today. But the rest of the day I felt fine. Should be a good week. I feel great about progress. Well, I hope I don't ever hear the "turn your head and cough" line again. Too funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment