Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Days like today remind me that I am not in control of the schedule of things. I went to my radiation appointment today, expecting to get the process started with what is know as simulation. Of course, since I just had the tube removed yesterday and it has only been 2 weeks since the second surgery, the doctor said I wasn't quite ready yet. With the effects of radiation it would not be good until I heal a little more. The hole from the tube needs to be closed and there was still some swelling from surgery. My next appointment to try again is the 24th. I am still waiting for a call back from the oncologist to get the chemo started (which I will call again tomorrow). I guess things will happen at the right time - it just doesn't mean it is on my time. I am glad there is only 2 more days of work for the week. I could really use the rest. We had a bowling night tonight with some of our clients. I am usually on the team, however due to recent events I had to be sidelined and be a cheerleader instead. Maybe next year. My arm is getting a little more flexible but I can definately tell what the limits are. Still have to be very careful. I hope therapy will help with that. Well I am off to bed to try to catch up on sleep. As Tigger would say TTFN. (Ta ta for now)

No comments:

Post a Comment