Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Today was interesting and enlightening as well as frustrating. It started out with my first appointment (bra fitting and fake boobies - well technically prostetics). First you discuss what size you want to be and then you check out the different style of bras. Once you get the bras you want to try, then you get to play with the sizes. I quickly figured out what was too big and what was too small. I picked a happy medium. The only thing is, they are definately heavy. Lifting the bra to put on is like lifting milk jugs (pardon the pun). The problem was, when I went to my next appointment and had to weigh in, I think I gained about 12 pounds. I don't think I will wear my bra when I know I have to weigh in anywhere. So, I picked out 3 different style bras and was able to get 2 colors each (thanks to the insurance). They are actually comfortable and it doesn't feel much different. Just an adjustment. So, I wore it back to work and told a few people. They thought it looked great. Then off to the oncologist to get set up with next treatment. This is where the frustration comes in. My appt was at 12:30. I didn't go back until about 12:50, then sat in the room until about 1:20. I almost fell asleep. Aside from that, the doctor said everything looked good and she was positive and pleased about things. She said she wanted me to have a few chemo treatments before doing the radiation. She got me set up to start next week. Yee Haw. So after an hour and a half I was back at work again. Shortly thereafter I had to take the bra off. It was getting annoying. I may have to re-think the reconstruction part again. NOT. I guess some days I can have a chest and others I won't. I guess I'm kind of lucky that way for now. Tomorrow is therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment