Monday, August 24, 2009

It was a wonderful day of firsts today. My son had his first day of high school and I had my first chemo treatment. It started out getting up at 5:45 am and waking my son up. He finally got out of bed by 6:05. He was ready to leave by 6:30 for me to take him to the bus stop. When he walked outside and saw that it was still dark, he said "are you serious? this is old people's time" I told him that is why he needs to go to bed no later than 10p. He said that was for old people. Well off we went to the bus stop where he and 1 other boy waited it out for the bus. He enjoyed it so much he plans to do it again tomorrow. Nick's day was boring, according to him, because all they did was get papers all day. My day was not quite as boring. I came back home and took a shower, ate breakfast and waited for my sister in law to come get me. Off we went to the Oncologist office. Had a great nurse that I had not met before. I really liked her. And the best part of the morning, she was able to draw blood from my new port. Yipee. No exercises this morning. It took a little while since this was the first time. Didn't get out of there until 11:45 from an 8:30 appt. It should only take about and hour to hour and a half next time. Things went well and she said since I did so well with the first one I should have no trouble with this one. I actually felt pretty good all day. A little tired from the weekend and lack of sleep last night but other than that I felt fine. No problem eating or feeling sick. I went to my brother's for dinner. Thanks guys. Busy day ahead tomorrow with school, work and scout meeting. Hope I can sleep tonight. I guess the anxiety is over with first day of school and getting treatment started. Now it's just routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment