Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Let's see if I can remember the last 3 days. Monday we woke up to homemade coffee cake, eggs and bacon for my niece's birthday. The kids then took off to go sledding and my brother and I went shopping. Later in the afternoon the kids went to a movie (Sherlock Holmes) and my brother, sister in law and I hung out at home getting dinner ready for the birthday girl. She turned 18. Another night of food and desserts. We had flank steak, asparagus, salad, shrimp, potstickers and nochi for dinner. Plain cheesecake with strawberry sauce, chocolate pound cake with chocolate icing, pecan pie, pecan tart and espresso cheesecake for dessert. I really don't need to eat for a week. Off to pack. How will I ever get everything back home. I was up till 12a trying to get things together.
Tuesday - up at 6:30, off to grab a bagel before heading to the airport. It was lightly snowing as we got to our gate to wait to board. The more we waited the harder it was snowing. So we boarded and were ready to leave on time - but wait, now we have to de-ice and we have 2 planes ahead of us. So sit and wait. We ended up leaving 50 min late. And of course they did not make up time in the air. Instead of arriving at 4:20 we didn't get in until 5:00. Had to wait a bit to get our bags and finally made it out of the airport parking lot at 6:00, just so we can drive 4 hours home. Made it home at 11p. Unpacked some stuff so I can be ready for work. Nick had to set up his Wii instead of waiting until today. He was up quite late and my head finally hit the pillow around 12:30.
Wednesday - had to get up at 6:30 again. Headed off to work and it was a long day. Not used to having to sit and work for 8 hours after having a nice vacation. But tomorrow is like a Friday as it is the last day of the week. Hopefully we will be able to leave early. Left work to go pick up my baby girl, Sugar. That's the dog. She was excited to see me and ready to head out the door for home. She ran around the yard a little bit, but then has been laying around sleeping since. I don't think she had much peace and quiet with 2 other dogs around. She finally ate some of her food and has been laying on the couch with one of the cats. Nick and I had to run out to get a few things and would you believe that a lady at the store asked me if I qualified for the OVER 50 discount??? Are you serious???? Ok, since my hair started growing back it is a little more on the salt side than the pepper side, but 50? I guess it could be worse - she could have asked if I qualify for the senior citizen discount. OMG. Pa-lease. So, getting ready for bed as I have to get up early again tomorrow. New Year's Eve. Happy New Year to my family and friends. May you have a safe evening and a great New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment