Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My day started by seeing a beautiful, big rainbow as I dropped off Nick at school. It was a slow morning full of anxiety, in anticipation of my doctor appointment today. Ok, so my appt was at 11:30, so I get there at 11:20. My sister-in-law met me there. We had a nice hour long visit in the waiting room. So I finally go back to the room around 12:30. Wondering how the surgeon was going to remove my port in the office, when I had to have surgery to have it put in. So she gives me a shot of local anesthetic, which starts to hurt after a few seconds. She had to stop a minute then shoot me with more. It was not very comfortable as she was pushing on my chest, moving things around. I don't know if she was trying to move the medicine around or loosen up the port. So, on to cutting and then snippng stitches. Ouch. I could feel some of that. She had to give me an extra boost of meds. Took a little bit to get the stitches out, then she had to pull out the port. I could feel my chest being pulled and tugged. Ok, so now to stitch me up. I think there was about 6 stitches. And I could feel each time she stuck me and started a stitch. So another shot of meds. By the 4th one or so, I could still feel it, one more shot of meds. Finally done with that - and a couple steri strips and I'm done. And I don't have to go back to see here for 6 months. Back at work and feeling okay. A little sore but okay. My cold seemed a bit better today, not as congested. I am hoping to be on the mend soon. I definately deserve a vacation. 6 days to Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment