Thursday, December 24, 2009

Let's see, where do I begin. Woke up Tuesday morning and took Nick to school. Came back home and tried to get a little rest before a long drive and it seemed that is when people wanted to text or call me. Finally got up and finished packing. Ran to the bank, then picked up Nick from school. Headed to Tampa to catch a flight. It wasn't a bad trip, only 4 hours. Found the airport ok and got a place to park. Tampa airport is a mess. We took a shuttle to terminal and decided to check our bags curb side. However, the cost was more than what they said it would be. But it is a good thing we did it outside because when we walked inside the line was ridiculous. We would still be standing there. So then we take a shuttle to the gates and getting off you walk right into a line for security that is not organized at all and a complete mess. We finally made it thru and had time to catch the plane (which happened to be delayed about 10 min). The flight was ok other than the 2 kids in front of us that were loud and annoying. We finally made it to Utah with snow on the ground and about 24 degrees.
Day 2 - We got up, Nick went shopping with his uncle and I went shopping with my sister in law. And it was snowing - just a mist snow though. But for someone who lives in Florida it was cool Then we had to finish wrapping presents and get the car packed to drive to Wyoming. I didn't get to see much when we got there as it had already gotten dark. My sister in law's sister has a ranch that is quite awesome. They have cows, horses and several houses with a lake in between. Dinner that night was beef ribs, scalloped potatoes and then plenty of desserts. A few of the kids have birthdays this week so they get to pick their meal. I understand we will be eating good the whole time we are here. Oh, did I say if is freezing outside. Low 20s or below. And I am in one of the houses past the lake so I have to walk in the snow, around cows to get to my house. So far we have had a lot of fun,
Day 3 - got up to scrambled eggs, bacon and homemade biscuits. And I had to walk from my house to the main house, past the cows, thru the snow in the cold. Just hung around chatting for a bit, then took a trip to the one main grocery store in town that is also a hardware store, paint store, hunting store, fishing store and just about anything else you would possibly need. So back at the house I tried to take a nap. However, the cows that hang out by my house decided to try to eat part of it. Seems they were right by my room munching on the wall, the deck and anything else near by. Too hard to sleep. Tonight we had Chili with rice. Then one of the kids made bananas foster. Yum. The kids had tried to make a small skate ring on the lake. My son was actually helping shovel snow. While I was napping, I heard they tried to sled and a few of the kids, mine included, ended up in part of the lake. Mostly feet, but they got wet and it was quite cold. At least he'll have a story to tell. Done updating for now.
Merry Christmas Eve and Merry Christmas tomorrow. May you be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment