Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Very interesting day. Why is it that doctors want you to call ahead to get copies of stuff, only to make you have to wait when you get there for them to make copies of what you need??? My doctor called the imaging center yesterday at 1:00 to have copies of my mammogram films ready for pickup today. I get there at 8 this morning and they were just printing them. Then, I go to the plastic surgeon, who fit me in at 9, in between surgeries, and I wait until almost 10:30 for him to see me. Meanwhile, my MRI appt is at 11. So, at 11:15 I had to call to let the MRI place to know I was running late. By 11:45 I finally made it to my MRI appointment. Didn't get out of there until 12:45. I hadn't had anything to eat because I thought there was plenty of time in between picking up films or in between appointments to get something. So at 1:00 I was headed to pick up something for lunch and finally made it to work by 1:30. Not to mention, feeling exhausted already from doing nothing. I did get some things accomplished at work though so it wasn't all bad. And I have no other appointments or things to get done until next Wed - when I go for pre-op. I am going to enjoy the next 7 days as much as I can before I deal with the realization of surgery. This is definately a life changing hurdle. However life is not without challenges and as odd as it may sound, I believe I am a better person because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment