Wednesday, July 8, 2009

It is now just 24 hours away. My surgery time was changed from 7:30 to 10:30 am. At least I get to sleep in a little longer. I haven't gotten any butterfiles just yet - I think they are still in cocoons. I am certain they will blossom tomorrow morning. I am checking my bag over and over to make sure I have all I think I need. My brother was glad he had time to go to the gym in the morning instead of getting up early to get me at 5a. My other brother will be here Saturday evening to share the week with me and Nick. I am so thankful and fortunate that I have two great brothers to help take care of me. And a sister-in-law (well 2 - but one here) to help and take charge of what I may need. Not to mention the great friends and co-workers, who are also friends, that offer many hugs and positive support. It has really helped me get thru this. And I know it has helped Nick too. Today I agreed to donate the removed tissue to the Moffit Cancer Center for research to either help me at some point in the future or others with current or new drug treatment for my specific type of cancer. It is a great opportunity to help with research. An interesting thing happened today. The last two surgeries I had (biopsy & port surgery) I had the same anesthesiologist. He was a really nice guy and I even joked with him at my 2nd surgery. Well - last night he was arrested on 10 counts of solicitation of a minor (14) on-line that he has been talking to since November. And I also found out that his first child is due in the next few months. If that isn't crazy. Any way = this is my last post for a couple of day. I hope those that need to know how I am doing know who to contact in the meantime. I know I will be fine and once I get past tomorrow I can focus on the final stage of my treatment and healing. Thank you for the prayers and continued support.

No comments:

Post a Comment