Monday, July 27, 2009

Thank goodness this day is over. Originally I was supposed to be at the hospital at noon. By 10:30 this morning I got a call from the hospital asking me to come in then because the surgeon was ahead of schedule and was able to get to me sooner. So a quick shower and out the door about 20 minutes later. Of course I had to wait when I got there. My brother had a meeting at 11 so he couldn't be there initially, so I called Crystal at work and she met me there. She hung out until my brother got there. They did the IV thru my port -and it worked great. Surgery took about an hour then off to recovery. I guess things went fine and I was able to come home. Sat on the couch and did a few head nods. Took pain meds at 8 and took a rest for about an hour. Ate some supper (chicken and rice). Oh, forgot to mention last night - thanks to Denise for dinner last night. My sister-in-law already came by to strip the tube. Thank goodness I only have one drain this time. And the drain is not bothering me like it was the last time. I guess that's all the news for now. I am hoping to get at least 4 hours sleep, at which time I will have to get up to take pain meds and empty my tube. Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment