Tuesday, July 28, 2009

2nd day a little tough but better than the 1st day. I slept ok and woke up at 4 to take my pain meds. My son drove me to Walgreens and Publix. It's nice to have a kid that can help drive you. It rained some today so we both took a well needed nap this afternoon. We had some soup for dinner and just hung out. I think the last 2 days caught up to my son. He was having a bit of a tough time tonight with things. I think the thought of me going thru this, him being here to take care of me and just having to deal with what's going on got to him a little bit tonight. I hate that he has to deal with this and feel like he has to take care of me. As a young man, he has definately been thru a lot of challenges in his life. This is just one more thing he has to tackle. I know we will get thru it and I have to keep in mind that he is a kid and it is a lot to put on him when it is just him and I at home. Soon it will be over and we'll move on to bigger and better things. One day at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Does this unexpected surgery change your schedule for chemotherapy? I was so hopeful that you would not have to have surgery. I have been in and out of town. Thought summer's were suppose to be less stressful, except of course in your situation. Not sure of your mobility but would love to take you and Nick to dinner if you want. If not, I have volunteered to bring food and will do that instead, but you know my cooking skills or lack thereof. Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. treatment will only be delayed a week or so. I am mobile enough to get around. Going out is sometimes a nice change, or homecooked is fine. We are up for just about anything - especially when someone is doing it for us. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete