Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th - I am proud to be an American. Thanks to all the men and women who serve our county so we can have our freedom.
I had a great day. Slept in a little. Went to the store to look for a few button down shirts for post surgery. Found a couple along with some pjs. As we were in the PJ section, my first encounter with someone who actually asked me about my condition. Actually she asked if I didn't mind her asking - was I a survivor. I told her I was working on it - that I was in the middle of the process. She said good luck and advised me that she was a 10 year survivor. Of course I told her congratulations. Nick and I happened to be wearing matching red, white and blue doo-rags, and Nick in his wonderful wisdom, asked her how she could tell. I had to smile.
Came home and got ready to head to the beach. My brother's in-law family has a beach house on Shell Point. We went down there and hung out by the beach - me in the shade. Great weather, a nice breeze and nice company. We went out on the boat - tried to fish, had a shrimp boil, watched fireworks - then I headed home. Nick decided to stay for the night. He had gone out fishing a 2nd time and ended up being the only one who caught a fish - a catfish. It was a great day with family and nice to be able to relax for a change. 5 days and counting - gotta work on the house tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment