Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Today didn't start out so well. I had a hard time sleeping. I couldn't get comfortable and when I finally did fall asleep I had some really weird dreams. Tossed and turned, well actually moved my head from side to side. Tried to see if I could get in to the doctor today since my drains have been very minimal, but she said I had to wait until Friday. That sucks. I guess one more day of the tubes. Felt ok for the most part. I did get a little emotional when I took my shower today. Just looking at myself was a little depressing. It was a little hard to take today for some reason. But I moved on - and I know it's only temporary, but it still is a big adjustment to have to deal with. Took a nap or two and watched more tv. Had a great dinner from Vicki at church. I forgot to mention yesterday that I had gotten a cookie arrangement with gingerbread cookies decorated as doctors and nurses (from my good friend Rena) and we got an edible arrangement of fruit from my friend Denise. Everyone has been so supportive and thoughtful. I really appreciate it. The amount of help and prayers is overwhelming. I cannot thank everyone enough for the love and support. I do have to thank my sister-in-law for her commitment for coming over each day at 7:30 am, 3:30 pm and 11:30 pm to help me with my drain tubes. That is a big help and she is here without fail. Well, one more day (about 35 hrs), 5 more visits with drain tubes, then on to healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment