Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My head was in a whirlwind today. I didn't get anything accomplished - at least not at work. The movers were at work early to move my office so I had no computer and no phone for awhile. It took them until about 11 to finish, which gave me about 15 min to start moving things before my appt with the surgeon. Got back at 1:30 and my phone and computer were not working. Still had to move the rest of my stuff from my old office. Finally about 4 I had everything working but still putting things away. I hope to be very productive tomorrow. As for my meeting with the surgeon - went great. She is such a great person. Love her. Decided I wanted to meet with a different plastic surgeon so that needs to be done prior to surgery. Doc said she would try to set up for me and find out what he likes regarding surgical incision. As I was leaving, the scheduling person, Janice - love her too- she's awesome, heard me talking about setting up appt for plastic surgeon and problems getting my MRI scheduled, so she took me in her office. Have an appt with PS tomorrow at 9a, and she took care of getting the MRI tomorrow at 11. The doc also said I didn't need to do my port-decloging tomorrow, she will put a different one in during surgery, so Janice also cancelled that appt for tomorrow as well. And we set up my surgery date - next Thursday at 7:30 am. Gotta be there at 5:30 - yuck. So even thought I didn't get much done at work, I accomplished quite a bit with my appts. I then met up with a lady I have been talking to the past 2 months - Cathy, who is 3 years out from doing this same things. She has been a big help and great support. We met for the first time this evening and I really enjoyed talking with her in person. And - thank you for dinner Cathy. So, according to the time line I had set in my mind, everything is working out according to my plan. Thanks for the continued prayers and support. I know I can get thru this and come out smiling on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment