Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Warning....this may be a long post tonight. Could even be considered bathroom readying. OK, not really. Day started out fine, except my son would get up until we had about 10 minutes before we had to leave. Had a doctor appointment with the surgeon today as a follow up. It turned out to be very frustrating. My appt was 9:15 and I got there a few minutes before. As I was still waiting at 9:40 or so, a lady came in and said she was sorry she was late but she got caught up reading an email. Then she proceeded to tell them about it, quite loudly. Her future husband showed up and they were sitting a few seats away from me. Why is it that people feel the need to talk so loud that you hear all about their business whether you want to or not. They were talking about their wedding and she had also mention the doctor's name which was the same as I was there to see. Sure enough, about 10 min later she was called back. I have now been waiting over 40 minutes. So I go and ask the guy how much longer for me. The nurse was right there and said she was calling me back now. So as we were walking back to the room she asked how I was and I told her I was frustrated because of waiting and the other girl being late and getting called ahead of me. She said oh, she is just having stitches removed. What? Ok, so does that make my time and appt less important? So then I am in the room and wait another 10-15 minutes. I hardly saw the doctor for 5 minutes. She looked at me and said ok, I'll see you in 3 months. We chatted a little and we were done. I finally got out of there close to 10:30. Seriously?? Ok, so the rest of the day went pretty good other than it was long since I didn't take a lunch having been out for 2 hours. Had to leave right at 5 since I had an appt for a massage. One of the local massage places was doing a breast cancer awareness and donation day. They offered a 50 minute massage for $35 and were donating $10 to breast cancer foundation. Of course I had to do my part. It was very relaxing. I did have to make sure they did not massage my upper right side or my right arm but that didn't seem to matter. They guy also said that I must deal with stress quite well as he could not find any areas of knots or tension. Ok, that was surprising. I told him I just let it roll off my back. So after my nice, relaxing massage, I had to run to the scout meeting for awards night. That lasted a bit longer than I would have liked. I was ready to fall asleep during some of it. Well, I guess that is about it. Other than feeling frustrated this morning and relaxed this evening - I am good. Radiation starts tomorrow. I am a little nervous since I don't really know what to expect but I'm positive it will go well - piece of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment