Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Let's play good news/bad news. I always like to start with the good news cuz then the bad news really doesn't matter. I had my 3rd treatment today which makes me 1/4 of the way done. I love those fractions. It only took the nurse a couple of times and me to just lean forward in my chair on my forearm (on the arm of the chair) for her to get blood this time. It worked great. I was even out of there by 11 this time. Can't see how I can get out of there quicker. I really could have slept thru the whole thing but my sis in law was there and we were chatting (until she had to leave the room for other patients.) Ok, on to some of the bad news - I was up until 1:30 a this morning. My son was working the game last night (selling drinks in the stands) and since it was on 8p game, it didn't get over until midnight. They left the stadium late and he didn't get back until 1:20 and I had to pick him up. Then we were both up by 7a. He was allowed to miss his first 2 classes but I had to get to my appt so he ended up only missing one. We both were so tired (that's why I could have slept during treatment). On top of that it was actually a good game from both teams, however we were behind and got down to the last 5 seconds of the game for the winning throw - and it was an incomplete pass. How could that be??? We had to lose our opening game on Monday night football, at home to the Miami Hurricanes. And I had to stay up till midnight to watch it. Ok, more good news - my son and his buddy were the top sellers of the night for their group - winning them a tip from the night's sales and each will get $20.00. Plus they split $20 in tips from the crowd so he ended up making $30 last night. Not bad.
Ok, back to me now. I guess the other bad news is I am starting the feel the effect of the chemo in the way of smells and tastes of things. Things I was eating last week are not tasting so good this week or they just taste different. There isn't anything making me sick, just not tasting right. More good news: I have my radiation appt tomorrow and I get to get my one and only tattoo, and I will get my first appt set for radiation. Not really looking forward to it but the sooner I start, the sooner I am done. Yipee. Well, sorry it has been a long blog but lots to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment