Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Starting early tonight so I can go to bed soon. The day started out slow as my son did not want to get up. Got him to school then headed to my appt. The doctor was pleased with how I have healed and the range of arm movement. He explained that I would get radiation in 3 spots to cover the whole chest wall and 2 areas that cover the lymph nodes. He sent me to the simulation area. Basically it is a laser CT scan that measures the area to be radiated. Then they drew on me with a bright green paint pen that has to stay there until next week. That actually marks the area for the radiation machine. My first appt for that is next Wed. At that time they will actually either tattoo me or use pen that they touch up as needed. The tattoo is a small freckle type dot that marks the area to be zapped. Since I will probably need 4-6 of them, I think I will opt for the non-permanent marks. To think I should be completely done with all this in 9 weeks. Hard to believe. Everything else seems to be going well. Can't really complain at this point. Even if I did, it wouldn't really do much good. An interesting side note - when I got to work after my appt, I decided to read my horoscope. It said, It is a turning point. Today offers a huge opportunity that could change your life. I found that to be an interesting thought as I do believe that my treatment is going to change my life in the best and most positive way possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment