Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It was a pretty good day today. Went to work early. Had a 9:00 appt for chemo and with the doctor. Did not have to wait long at all. Doctor came into room before the nurse was done with my blood pressure. Saw her all of 5 minutes and off to treatment. My face had started to break out so I had asked her about out. She said it was due to the steroid and she would back off on the amount. She also said that things looked great and I was doing very well. Treatment worked like a charm. Port worked immediately and I was out of there quickly. Went back to work until time for radiation. That went quickly as well and I met with the doctor. He said things look as he expected them to look at at this point. The skin under the arm is a litter pinker and he said it was normal. The under arm also usually rubs a little more so it would get a bit irritated. He said it will be more like the 5th or 6th week that I will start feeling and see the effects. Great. I have this week and next to enjoy what I can. My ribs on the right side are a little sore, almost burised. He said that is normal and it is a possibility that it could stay that way. You never know. He likes to cover everything just in case so I don't come back next year and say they are still sore. He doesn't want to say he never told me.
I talked to a lady while I was waiting for radiation, I had seen her the last couple weeks and this is her last week. We recently started chatting. She is retired and has grandkids. Doesn't look too much older than mid 50s. She drives from Wakulla every day. Talk about a hassle. Anyway, she could not believe I had been working this whole time going thru all this. One of the attorney's wife came in today (her mom also had breast cancer 15 years ago) Anyway, she said I was her hero to have done and handled things the way I have. She said it was remarkable the way I have continued to work and still look great. A few days ago another friend had mention how incredible I have been doing and also being mom to my son. I guess I really have to pat myself on the back and take the compliments as they come and feel very blessed and humble to know that I have people that care, people that can see the things I don't and to and realize that I am not letting this disease get the best of me. I have a job as a mom that I can't and won't quit, I have a job as a paralegal that I can't and won't quit, and I have a job to be the best I can be and live my life to the fullest. Life goes on and you can't just sit around and feel sorry for yourself or moan and groan. You have to get up each day, face the sunshine and do the best you can. And when you feel tired, you rest. When you feel overwhelmed, you stop and take a break. When you feel like crying, you cry. Thanks to all those special people for being a part of my life. I love you and apreciate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment