Tuesday, September 22, 2009

5 down or 1/7 of the way done with radiation. Today my skin is showing signs of pink already. I got some cream from the nurse today to start using for any dryness. I certainly wasn't expecting skin color change so soon. It doesn't hurt at this point. Saw the doctor today and he said things look fine. I am sure it will start to get a little bit sore soon. He said the goal is to hopefully irritate the skin which has been shown to decrease the chances of any re-occurance. I told him I did not like coming every day and he said that is why about the 4th or 5th week I should start getting tired just because of the chore of the daily appointment. Other than that my day has goon fairly well. Busy at work and just going with the flow of things. Three days left in the week, which I hope will go by quickly. I know that in a few short weeks I will be glad to say it's over and wonder how I got thru it all. In the meantime, I will just take one day at a time and handle what comes that day. Live in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment