Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day two of radiation. A little quicker than yesterday. I ended up getting 3 tattoos today. At first they wanted to put stickers on me again, which are round stickie tape type things and it irritates my skin. So I had one of the same people there today from yesterday and a new girl. She said she could do the tattoo instead. Well, yesterday they said no due to the number I would have. To explain that, they have to make a dot for the boundries of what they are radiating. So for my breast area the mark 4 corners with a sticker or tattoo. Then they mark the upper chest/lower collar bone area and also under the arm. So the girl today said she could do 3 marks (upper chest and 2 under arm area). They would still draw with a marker each day to connect the dots (sure sounds like fun huh). So I had them do the tattoos and it hurt. They put ink on the spot then stick a needle in it. I am glad I never wanted to get tattoos, I would never make it past the first stick. Tomorrow will complete my first week minus one day. I think I will end up having a harder time going to radiation treatments daily than anything else. It just gives you a weird sense - being in the room by yourself, partially exposed, seeing others there in different conditions for treatment - I can't quite find the right word for it but it just makes me a little uneasy. I have been a little more tired the last 2 days but I'm not sure it is due to anything specific. I am glad the weekend is upon us once again and plan to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment