Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I got to move pink band number 2 today. However, it came with a little bit of a workout. First I met with another doctor (mine was out) and we talked about how I did the last 2 weeks. I should expect the same reaction/or no reactions as I did the first time, which I was glad to hear. Then off to the room to start treatment. Some things just aren't without a challenge. My first treatment I had to stand up several times to get my port working. The port is that thing they put in to make treatments and drawing blood so much easier. Well, nothing like being consistant. My port did not want to work again today to draw blood. After about 10 minutes of sitting up, moving my shoulders, standing, arms out, arms up, head back everything but hop on one foot, I had to go to a room to lie down to see if that would work. Then roll over, sit up, lie down = and nothing. Fluid was going, just not coming out so I had to give blood the old fashioned way. Go figure. Although I did feel better when another lady there had to do the same exercises. Sure makes for interesting conversation. Went to my son's 8th grade graduation tonight - proud momma, after he chose to comb and pull out more hair. At this rate, I won't need to go to my hair appointment on Thursday. But I do get to go hat shopping with a friend this weekend. What fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment