Thursday, May 28, 2009

As much as you think you are prepared for things, you're never quite prepared enough. I had my head shaved today. On the way there I was already feeling a little ill with the decision and the thought of no hair. My sister in law and son met me there, both with cameras. We talked about how short I wanted to go and the best way to cut it. We started long and then I decided it should just all be cut. My son and sister in law were having fun taking pictures during the process. My son even helped shave a little off the front. Finally looking at myself was difficult. When you are faced with the reflection looking back at you, you realize that you are a cancer victim. It will definately take some getting used to and become accepting of but every day makes me stronger and pushes me closer to healing. My very thoughtful son went shopping with his aunt and bought me 2 cards and 2 cds. One card was from him and one he had family sign to help cheer me up. What a kid I have. Thanks to my hairdresser, Bonnie, for the special haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment