Sunday, January 24, 2010

Well, if this wasn't an interesting weekend. First to go back to the work week. I had my followup appointment with the oncologist. I was really nervous about this appt as I was to get the results of my scans from the week before. I'm not really sure what I was afraid of, I guess I just wanted to hear that all the crap I went thru the 6 months prior did what it was supposed to. My brother went with me. My blood work looked good. The report showed some soft tissue that they weren't sure what it was. Turns out it is the upper chest area, indicates still swollen from surgery, chemo and radiation. Not anything of a concern but still healing. Doctor wants to keep on eye on it to make sure it heals. She said it was not uncommon and that things looked the way there were supposed to. She also told me I had gallstones so if I started having pain to let her know and I'd probably have to have it taken care of. So I need to see her again in 2 months to check the healing and then every 3 months thereafter. So on to the weekend. There is a few big things in my house I wanted to get rid of (wall unit, table, etc) so I started to empty them this week and had planned to take them to Goodwill. A friend at work was having a garage sale on Sat, so she offered for me to bring my stuff over and try to sell them first. So, I started looking thru the house and garage and found some things to try to sell. Well, it ended up being colder than anticipated so we did not have much activity. We plan to try again next weekend. Well, later in the evening I went into the laundry room to get something out of the dryer. We have a baby gate blocking part of the room to keep the dog out of the cats food and litter box. I most often just step over it. Well, on my way back out of the room, my back foot got stuck on the gate and I couldn't get my foot free. I fell into the door in front of me and my right arm is what caught me first, then my face hit the door, then I fell to the floor. OMG. I had a small cut on my forehead from my glasses, which also got bent. I think my arm took the weight of my fall. I layed on the floor and could not move my arm. The upper portion (bicep) is very sore. I think I pulled muscle or ligaments or something. My son helped me up and I couldn't move my arm. We called my brother who come over to check it out. I didn't believe anthing was broken but there was concern since it was the right side. Same side as radiation and lymph nodes removed. I put ice on it, took ibuprofin and tried to take it easy. Everytime I moved, my arm hurt. Had a hard time sleeping. It felt a little better this morning but I still could not do too much with it. I can't use it for anything that requires strength. Thank goodness I have such a great son who is very willing to step up and help me out. Basically sat on the couch all day with ice off and on. Not sure if I will be able to work tomorrow. I will see how it is tomorow and determine if I should call the doctor. I think it was just a sprain or pull and it will just take time to heal. Never a dull moment around here.

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this, and wanted you to know that I hope you're okay. Those kinds of injuries always hurt more the next day :( Those baby gates might be safe for babies, but they're hard on adults. I can't tell you how many times I used to fall over the one we had for our dogs.

    ReplyDelete