Thursday, March 18, 2010

So what's new? Well, the blood testing is going ok so far. A bit of a hassle but I'm trying to keep up with things. I've been to 2 classes so far. The first one on what diabetes is and what it can do to your body if you don't stay on top of it. The second was on nutrition. What to look for on lables, what I should and shouldn't eat. It was actually quite informative. One more to go. Ok, so I went to the orthopedic doc yesterdy for a check up on my shoulder. Had an x-ray and the doc was pleased with how things have healed. The fracture seems to be healed for the most part, and he said there was a crack across the bone that is healing well. I told him I didn't know there was a crack. He said he didn't notice it last time but could see the new bone growing. OK. News to me. Any way he said to still take it easy with the arm and I will probably still feel some soreness for awhile. Next I go to my oncologist today for my 2 month follow up. My son had made brownies for me to take to her office. She was very appreciative for the goodies. She was happy with the healing as well. A lot better from last time. Still has a little more to go but the swelling is much better. I told her about the diabetes and she was not surprised due to the chemo. She was surprised I was put on medication already and said to make sure I have my blood checked frequently. If I could get back to my pre-chemo weight and work on exercise I could probably drop my sugar level back to what it was. She gave me the indication that it most likely is not a permanent situation. Gave me a bit of hope. Don't have to go back for 4 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment