Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dear Blog,
I am so sorry I have neglected you lately. Seems like other things are taking my time.
Today is milestone, so to speak. One year ago today I called my surgeon to find out the results of my 2nd biopsy and heard the words I never wanted to hear. It was a very emotional day, one that I had to come home and let sink in until I went to her office the next day to find out my fate. I can't believe it has been a year. Looking back at that day, I wondered how I would ever get thru all that was ahead of me. I am so fortunate to have great family, friends, work support, church support and others that have prayed for me along the way, prepared meals for my family, sent cards or well wishes and just offered support in every way. As my brother responded to me today in an email - to think this time next year, I should be done with reconstruction and the last of the healing. It seems like so far away but I know it will be here before I know it and I will be writing a similar message.
Ok - so to update from where I left off, I went to my 6 week follow up with my primary doctor and she was happy with my glucose numbers and I had lost 7 pounds in those 6 weeks. She said I could go from testing 4 times a day to only 2 times. Yay. I never thought I would think pricking my fingers 2 times a day would be a good thing but it sure beats 4. I will follow up with her in May. On a side note, my prayers are with my friend Debra who had a lumpectomy last week, and no positive lymph nodes. I hope I don't stay away as long this time. Until then - Enjoy each sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment