Sunday, February 7, 2010

Has it really been that long since I have blogged? Well, I went to the ortho last Monday. Good news - if you want to call it that. It is only a small fracture that does not require surgery. It will heal on its own but will take awhile. He gave me an immobilization brace and a sling and also some exercises I need to do. Told me to come back in 6 weeks to re-check it. The brace he gave me is a piece of crap and doesn't really work. It has been challenging at work to say the least. I often rotate wearing the brace in the morning for a couple of hours, then my sling, then nothing. At night it is hard to sleep and be comfortable. I try to keep my arm stationary and in the morning it is quite sore and stiff. I have also worn my lymphedema sleeve a few times and it is tight on my arm so it keeps things somewhat stable. My son has been a great help. He does the dishes, helps me cook and he even scrubbed the kitchen floor. I am very proud of the young man he is becoming. I have to pat myself on the back for doing a great job raising him. (if I do say so myself). Well, on to another week of healing. Check back for the latest news.

No comments:

Post a Comment